atw: Re: XML - a requirement for a TechWriter looking for work?

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:35:40 +1000

I have been watching this discussion with interest, and I suspect the answer
is that it is a good idea to know ABOUT HTML and XML, but that it is not
necessary to know HTML and XML.

Writing school books has led me through the new and wondrous world of Web
2.00.  I don't think anyone knows exactly what it is, and where it is all
going, but it is certainly going somewhere significant.  Whilst it is