atw: Re: XML - a requirement for a TechWriter looking for work?

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:07:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was at the meeting and, I must admit, my first reaction when I saw the XML
requirement was one of surprise. And then I thought of all the times (and they
are many) that I use my knowledge of XML / HTML to fix some problems and I
realised that Dave Halls is right - that knowledge is a very good thing to have
although I am not sure if employers will recognise it as such.

As a driver (thanks for the metaphor, Peter) I also believe that things like
changing a tyre and knowing which liquids go where, are essential skills to be
a good driver. But then, that's only my very humble opinion.

Cheers,
Ana