atw: XML - a requirement for a TechWriter looking for work?

  • From: "Nikki Ward" <Nikki.Ward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Douglas Jensen" <Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jeanette Butler" <jeanette.butler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Young" <Paul.Young@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kerryr@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Kirsty.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Danni.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx>, <dale.watkinson@xxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Dunn" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <illestgreekbastard@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stephen Mew" <S.Mew@xxxxxxx>, <gretacleary05@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <berinmarkham@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dannic@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Brighouse" <Peter.Brighouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hamish Blunck" <hamishblunck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <harjotdhodi@xxxxxxxxx>, <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:32:05 +1000

Hi all,

If you have some time, I would like some feedback on this presentation
supplied to the QLD Tech Writers group.

I just thought it rather interesting that "Learn XML" is becoming part
of a requirement for a Tech Writer who is looking for work.

Please can you let me know your thoughts on this and why you think XML
is essential to being a Tech Writer.

I am looking to write a post for my blog and I am want to poll several
technical writers to see what their thoughts are as part of my research.

I want write about 'how' XML fits in the techwriter role, provide some
practical examples where possible, what books are the best books to
learn XML, what courses are available.

I aim to poll employers too so I can get their slant on things..

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Nikki

Thanks,

Nikki Ward | Technical Writer

240 Sandgate Rd, Albion, Queensland, 4010, Australia

Tel: 07 3637 1445 | Fax: 07 3262 5742

Blog: http://thetechwriter.wordpress.com

 Quote of the Day: Think More, Write Less

~ Please consider the environment before printing this email ~

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Please consider our environment before printing this
email.This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to
copyright, legal or some other professional privilege. They are intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). They may only
be copied, distributed or disclosed with the consent of the copyright owner.
If you have received this email by mistake or by breach of the
confidentiality clause, please notify the sender immediately by return
email and delete or destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality,
privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been
sent to you by mistake.