atw: Re: Screenshots in user doco - Yes or No?

  • From: "Donald Halley" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:55:21 +0930

We tend to put screenshots in our user doco as it helps to keep things
in context. Especially if the system doesn't have screen titles.
Using SnagIt, linked graphics in Word and a meaningful naming convention
for the screenshots doesn't make updating all that onerous.

Regards
Donald Halley
MAXEN Pty Ltd.
Phone: +61 (08) 8231 7900
Fax: +61 (08) 8231 3766
<http://www.maxen.com.au/ <blocked::http://www.maxen.com.au/> >
Disclaimer
This message contains privileged and/or confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.

notified that you must not disseminate, re-transmit, copy or take any
action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error,
please notify MAXEN immediately, and delete this email from your system.

Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's
responsibility. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of the MAXEN Pty Ltd. We do not guarantee that this
material is free from viruses or any other defects