atw: Re: Office 2003 for sale?

  • From: "Elenbaas, Dina" <Dina.Elenbaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:50:27 +1100

Additionally, it looks like Open Office Writer 3 opens .docx (or at
least claims to).

------------------------------

From: "Stephen Nason" <snason@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Office 2003 for sale?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:18:53 +1100

Hedley,
There is a free word processor called Jarte that claims to open .docx
Word files.  You could then save the files as .doc and work with them in
Office.  Download from www.jarte.com

(Oddly, my old version of Office 97 will open .docx files after I
installed the Microsoft compatibility patch, even though Microsoft say
the patch will only work with later versions of Office.)

Steve