atw: Re: OT: Excluding recipients

  • From: Robert Kidd <director@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:14:57 +0900

At 09:48 2003/10/07, Craig Hadden wrote:
______________
>Maybe somebody out there knows of e-mail software that can do what I'm
>after, or a trick to achieve the same result?
_________________

Hi Craig

I am not sure if exactly what you are asking for is possible but there
are variations on the same idea that work. Eudora allows you to set up
groups with "Nicknames". You can then choose the group you wish to send
to by Nickname, which is what you want. You can then set Eudora's
options to expand "Nicknames" in the "To field" so that you can see the
list of recipients. (Only you will see this list. Those you send to
will only see the "Nickname".) Then you will have to delete the ones
you don't want to send to. Hopefully you will recognize their
addresses.

FWIW This is at least a little better than manually inserting each
recipient.

BTW Eudora is free in sponsored mode OR you can get the light version
completely free.

Robert Kidd
Director, EditFast
THE DOCUMENT EDITORS