atw: Re: OT: Excluding recipients

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:08:24 +1000

Dear Craig (Hadden).

I would have also suggested Eudora Pro, which I have done many times for
others in the past, but you originally requested a solution to work with
Outlook.  (BTW, thanks for clarifying about why you needed to edit the
distribution list.)

Now you have a great, properly MIME compliant E-mail tool that will do
pretty much everything you want, unless you need a calendar / personal
organizer tool, of which you can find plenty at
<http://www.freewarehome.com/> in any case.

You now have on the fly, right-click activated spam filtering (my tip here
is to edit out all but the server name and save the filter as an automated
deletion to the trash, then check the trash before emptying it, in case any
legitimate mail gets swept away in the process).  Eudora has comprehensive
support for drag and drop, is far less susceptible to attack than Outlook,
has a marvellous and operator configurable auto-complete E-mail address
entry feature, so that you don't really need an address book in most
cases.  Best of all, your mail is stored in separate, contiguous text files
in its own folders, with the attachments in one place of your
choosing.  (No vulnerable and unmanageable PST file to corrupt, which can
lose all your E-mail in one hit.)

So, good choice and well done!

(Isn't Eudora so much more intuitive to use and logical to configure than
Outlook!)

I just don't understand your reference to Mozilla Firebird, which is a
stripped down Web browser without an E-mail client.  If you wanted an
E-mail tool in your browser, the way to go was with Opera, which has a
reportedly excellent embedded POP mail tool.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas