atw: Re: "Mail delivery notice" spam

  • From: "Jonathan Moffett" <moff28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:01:36 +1030

I followed the advice of Charles Wright in his Bleeding Edge (The Age
column and website) a few years ago. This advice is to use a dedicated
email service provider. There are at least two compelling business case
reasons in my opinion:

1. You can change your ISP at any time without losing your email address
(as valuable now as your mobile phone number)

2. Spam (including that from your ISP) filtering tends to be a lot more
robust.

I hate spending money but this is one case where I have never regretted
it. I honestly cannot remember the last time I got spam. And I have a
warm glow when I think that my Bigpond account is probably full of "You
have exceeded your limit" messages from Bigpond.

Charles recommended Fastmail.fm which what I use now. I have no
connection with this Australian firm but you are more than welcome to
put my email address in the referrer field if you sign up!

Jonathan Moffett

--
  Jonathan Moffett
  moff28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx