atw: Re: Here it is: The Queen's English?

  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:53:26 +1000

I love it - WELL done to all!!!!

:-)
Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Deborah Cross
Sent: Monday, 21 May 2007 3:23 PM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Here it is: The Queen's English?

I meant I'm seeking approval of those who helped provide the wording :0) But
yes, my workplace is a little government-like!

OK, here's the wording I'm proposing with thanx to Susy North and Peter G
Martin for much of it:

Here ye, hear ye!

Her Majesty the Queen hereby commands the presence of her loyal subjects for an
equestrian contention between certain of her Colonial servants domiciled in
portions of her kingdoms now known as Australia and certain other outlanders
not so fortunate as to be so permanently settled therein, the game to be known
by this her decree, as the Royal Polo ~ Australian vs. Expats.

Subjects should gather in the grounds of the South Oval as the clock strikes
midday on the eighth day of June in the two thousand and seventh year of our
lord. Subjects not attired with a hat and sunscreen shall be beheaded.

Faithful subjects will be rewarded with canapés and mocktails at conclusion of
the Royal Polo.

The Royal Polo is held in honour of the celebration of the anniversary of her
majesty's illustrious ancestors' birth, which has been an occasion, in times
past, to assemble for the purposes of gambolling and sundry other nefarious
endeavours, and for the pursuit of frivolity and licentiousness.

XXX commands acknowledgement of your attendance by the first day of June in the
two thousand and seventh year of our lord.

This communication may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material of KAZ Group Pty Ltd ABN 25 002 124 405 and its related bodies
corporate.  It may also be the subject of legal professional privilege.  If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not keep, forward, copy, use, save or
rely on this communication and any such action is unauthorised and prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this e-mail
to notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and
your reply.