atw: Re: Globally replace linked images with embedded images in Word

  • From: "Colquhoun, Daryl" <daryl.colquhoun@xxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:45:31 +1000

> I have a largish Word file with heaps of linked
> graphics.
>=20
> I want to globally change the linked images into
> embedded images

Ctrl/Shift/F9 does the delink.

Your strategy will then be either

. Select all and delink. This will work if there are no other fields you
want to delink.

. F11 to find the first, then delink. Then F11 until you find a picture,
then F4. Repeat repeatedly. (F4=3Drepeat the last action, which is =
delink
in this case. Use this to avoid needing to hit Ctrl and Shift.)

. The second method involves just two fingers once you get going, so
will be good for a few dozen images. If there really are lots of images,
write a little VBA to automate this procedure. The VBA will need to
check whether it's about to delink a picture or something you want to
preserve.

> so that I can distribute the file as 1...

But I can't resist suggesting you just make a PDF.