atw: Re: Free PDF to Word conversion programs

  • From: Barry Dale <barrydale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:59:02 +1000

Hi Tracy,
I have this problem frequently (right now in fact), and have yet to find
the perfect solution.

There is a free service at
http://www.ebcsimon.com/simon-client/default/services.jsp
that will convert to a nice-looking Word doc. The only problem is that
every line is an individual text box.

My advice is to give it go anway. Only takes a few minutes and there's
nothing to install.

If that doesn't suit, I use SolidConverter from www.solidpdf.com which
gives you choices about how you want the information converted -
depending on whether you want to preserve some formatting or just want
the text.  It's reasonably inexpensive.

Barry Dale
Caloundra