atw: Re: Free CSS pdf

  • From: "Howard Silcock" <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:19:02 +1100

Hope you aren't wanting a detailed review, Warren. Only downloaded it
yesterday and I hate reading stuff on screen, but I learnt most of what I
know about CSS from books, so I should be able to make one or two comments.

I'd say it mightn't be the best book to learn about CSS, but it has some
interesting ideas for creating nice effects and works through them in some
detail, so it'd be good for someone wanting to go beyond the basics. The
author goes through in some detail an example of how to create an online
picture gallery, which looks interesting, And it has a lot of other examples
covering a wide range of techniques - the more I scroll through the more I
find.

Rachel Andrew's book The CSS Anthology starts at a more elementary level but
also covers some of the same ground and Eric Meyer's books are excellent for
worked examples with commentary.

But this one has an excellent price ($0.00), which is a definite factor in
its favour.

Howard