atw: Re: File paths

  • From: "Paul Brice" <brice.paul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:39:10 +1000

You should never save anything to a local hard drive - not if you value it
at all. Most workplaces provide network storage and with external hard
drives of gargantuan capacity costing microscopic dollars, there's no reason
to entrust anything to a local drive.

Anyone who's suffered a Windows breakage or complete hard drive failure will
know what a drama data loss can be. At the very least you should back up to
an external source.