atw: Re: File paths

  • From: "Bob Trussler" <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:18:37 +1000

Dear Dinosaur,
I too, am finding the new world order a bit strange at times.

In the Government workplaces, My Documents is frowned upon.  This is because
it is on the C drive and therefore

   - not backed up,
   - if the PC crashes all is lost.
   - it is not considered secure.

Users there must store their documents in the network on either a personal
drive or in the shared drive for their project or team.

Do your baby dinos realise that they can make (or create if they are gods)
lots of sub-folders under My Documents, so that they have more than just My
Music and My Pictures.

Bob Trusslersaur

 --
Bob Trussler