atw: Re: Extra-Slanty Italics! [hmr]

  • From: Peter Martin <peterm_5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:24:38 +1000

Janice Gelb:
On Tue, 15 May 2007 09:23:11 +1000,  you wrote:
> This just in from The Onion
> http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/extra_slanty_italics
>
> Extra-Slanty Italics Introduced For Extremely Important Words
>
> NEW HOPE, MN — In an attempt to address writers' ever- growing word-emphasis
> needs, Minnesota-based Pica
> Foundry has developed a new, extra-slanty italic font, design director
> Jordan Soderblum announced Monday.

Aha!   So we have a new HTML tag for <XEM>extra-slanty</XEM> words.
Just what I need, <XEM>going forwards</XEM>.   A sort of weasel flag
for describing things like the <XEM>leveraged functionality</XEM> of your
<XEM>seamless infrastructure</XEM>.

Much needed.

-Peter M

There's really no point in listening to other people. They're either going to be
agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff  -- Dogbert via Dilbert and (c)Scott
Adams