atw: Re: Australian source of citation advice

  • From: <wongword@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:35:55 +1000

Thanks to everyone who replied about Australian sources for online citations. I certainly hadn't intended to start an international incident about why I particularly wanted an Australian source.

I work for an Aust Govt agency and our standard is the Australian Style Guide and the Macquarie Dictionary. The former is a recommended resource for Aust Govt agencies. It gives a sense of consistency. This is becoming more important with joint websites and initiatives across agencies.

I had been told that the Style Guide doesn't cover much in the way of online citing which is why I was looking further afield. I had better check for myself.

The latest version of the guide is already some years old but it is more global in outlook than former editions. But I understand that moves are happening to update the current Style Guide.

Irene Wong