atw: Converting SmartDraw files to Visio

  • From: "Kathy Menzel" <k.menzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stclwrsig-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AODC Discussion List (E-mail)" <aodc2003reg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Austechwriter (E-mail 2)" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:14:09 +0930

Hello all

Is anyone aware of a conversion tool, or technique, that enables SmartDraw v6
files (.sdr) to be opened in Visio 2000 (.vsd)? The end result needs to be
editable

I've check the web. I have also tried saving them WMF or EMF and then opening
in Visio (as suggested by the SmartDraw Help Line)  but that only gives me the
equivalent of a picture that cannot be edited.

Also, is anyone aware of a Visio user list?

Cheers
Kathy Menzel
Technical Writer
ABB Grain Ltd