[astcq-discuss] Re: The future of meetings & other stuff

  • From: Geoff-lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:28:05 +1000

Barry Dale wrote:

>Hey all
>Yes the list is still active.  Geoff passed the monitoring duties on to me,
>though I've just got back from a 6 week stint in Canada and I'm not quite
>sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything.
>As for meetings, this is a good place to notify people of any kind of event
>of interest - or organize one. I'm always interested in meeting peers. Since
>I work at home I don't get out much.
>I believe Geoff is still making web space available to us. That might be a
>good place to list skills/knowledge available.
>Cheers

Hi from Tassie!

Yes, it is much cooler down here than Brisbane, but it's nowhere near as
cold as everyone made out.  I'm only wearing one jumper at the moment....

I'm still providing some web space, and I'm happy to keep providing that
until I need the space myself.

Here's a few things I was hoping to do with the list, but never found
the time:

*  Talk with all my contacts in Brisbane recruitment agencies about
sending tech comms jobs to the list.  I have been approached by
different recruiters at different times, and they have been interested
in getting contacts from me.  Why should they go through that process
when the list will do all(some) of the work for them?

*  Pass the list address to the HR departments of everyone on the list.
My old HR department at ADC was always having trouble finding tech
writers to jobs.

*  Inform southern recruitment agencies about the list, as they often
advertise jobs in our area.

Just a few thoughts

Cheers,

Geoff

To search the astcq-discuss archives, visit
//www.freelists.org/archives/astcq-discuss/

To change your settings using the web interface, login at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/

astcq-discuss-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx