Re: [artworks] Magnetism

  • From: Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:03:29 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4568343450.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <503430d1f7kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is there a downloads page?

> Yes, the very page you got your current version from. There, you can
> also find the current manual. The idea is that everytime you download
> a new version you also download either a manual addendum or the
> complete new manual.
>   http://www.mw-software.com/software/artworks/aw28/aw28.html

The above link doesn't work for me, so I tried
http://www.mw-software.com/software/artworks/artworks28/aw28.html
Bur I don't have the right password; the latest password I can find is for
aw23.

> >> The pointer snaps to the outlines of all objects on magnetic layers
> >> while magnetic snapping is on. Also, the edges and midpoints of
> >> dragged objects snap to the outlines of objects on magnetic layers.

> > I'll need the manual, because I'm not seeing any of those effects,
> > whether a layer is magnetic or not.

> You need to switch magnetic snapping on in the Info Bar (the little
> magnet icon next to the grid button).

"On" as in "having an orange background"?

So let's say it is "on", and then I create two rectangles, and move one
around in front of the other... Should the centres snap into alignment? Or
the edges? It just doesn't seem to be happening here: there's something
I'm missing.

--
Kell Gatherer
kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx