Re: [artworks] Copying layers

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:12:52 +0100

In message <50342f7618kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <aa8d2b3450.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <50342b803ekell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Master layers are shown on all (left/right/left+right) pages in a
>> multi-page document.

> ...but always behind everything else?

Yes.

> I'm creating a multi-page document with lots of JPEG images, and wanted
> text over the top of each one. I guess that's not what master layers are
> for.

Unless that text is supposed to be identical on every page that would
not make any sense anyway. The idea of master layers is that you can
have a common header or footer on every page or any other common
layout that you want to keep consistent across pages, i.e., when you
edit it on one page, it is automatically changed on all other pages
(and only stored once, so it saves a lot of memory).

Combined with magnetism, it means that you can have common guide
objects on a magnetic background layer, so they are the same for every
page.