[artworks] Copying layers

  • From: Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:28:17 +0000 (GMT)

Is there a quick way of copying layers between documents?

I find the need to create multi-page PDFs, and have created quite
complicated artworks files with maybe twenty layers or more.

In order to copy a page into a multi-page document, I find myself
selecting "multi-layer", select all, then copying and pasting into the new
document, thereby losing all the layers: which makes it a real bind to
then edit further.

It would be great to be able to copy an entire page, layers and all,
between documents: if it's not possible, can this be added as a feature
request? Or maybe there's a way of doing it that I've missed.

Come to think of it, is this what master pages are for? Is there a master
page tutorial anywhere?

Regards,

--
Kell Gatherer