Re: [artworks] Joining shapes

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ArtWorks Mail list <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:43:05 +0100

 Richard Ashbery  wrote:

> I've had another look at this Martin and sure enough it can be done.
> Assuming the two "closed" objects are selected, the sequence of events
> is as follows:

> CTRL-I
> CTRL-K
> ALT-drag the original and clone to select both
You should'nt need the simple drag will select everything
>(note - there is
> nothing to indicate the shapes are selected and if you get this bit
> wrong and end up selecting only the clone the rest of the procedure
> fails).
I keep a close watch on the Status Message when selecting innvisibles-
In this case it should say two shapes selected

> CTRL-W
> CTRL-L
> Select intersection and delete.

> Six steps are needed. Could this be simplified in the future. The
> abitity to join multiple shapes in a simplified way might allow some
> interesting geometric patterns to be created.

Xara has two extra options "Add Shapes" and "Subtract Shapes" which
are intuitive and don't require you to have a grasp of Set Theory.

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk