Re: [artworks] Joining shapes

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks Mail list <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:59:58 +0200

In message <4fac3da5aariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Join shapes" will certainly join two objects leaving a transparent hole
> in the middle of the new shape. I sometimes need to join say a
> filled rectangle and a circle to give a rounded shape (a rectangle with
> a convex end). I can do this using the path editing tools but is there a
> quicker and better way.

Yes, using a "magic" sequence of operations you can unify shapes
(obtain a single shape that covers the union of the areas of one or
more shapes) and subtract shapes (obtain a shape that covers the area
of one shape minus the area covered by another partially overlapping
shape). See the Intersect tutorial for details. You can find it on
your ArtWorks 2 CD.