Re: [artworks] Importing Drawfiles containing text

  • From: Jim Nagel <aw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:28:41 GMT

Geoff Potter  wrote on 29 Nov:
> I use !Tablemate for compiling tables, which I then export as a
> Drawfile. They always load into !Draw with no problem, but when
> importing said Drawfile to !ArtWorks (2.X1.00) I always get the same
> error ...

Not exactly answering your question, but I use Fireworkz for a similar
purpose when I need to preformat a table that I want to use in
Impression.  Fireworkz exports nicely as a drawfile (and its
programmer is active; he recently tidied up something I reported about
background colours sometimes overspilling their allotted frame).

The preformatting I'm on about usually means applying a style DOWN a
column.  A spreadsheet or Tablemate can do this easily, whereas a DTP
app thinks only horizontally.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk