Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:10:12 +0000 (GMT)

In article <25c707a64e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ea5a2a139Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Richard Underwood <Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > One more thing that I have just thought of is that I notice that Artworks
> > (unlike many apps on riscos and all apps on win/mac) does not contain any
> > title field in its postscript output.

> Thanks, I never noticed that.

> > Without the document title it becomes very difficult to differentiate
> > between jobs in a queue on network printers etc.  Would it be a big
> > job to remedy this?

> Not really, I have just added it. It will appear in the next upgrade,
> whenever that will be released.

Is there any chance of a change to the halftone screening code in the
PostScript output? It's not that there is a problem with ArtWorks as
such, but when printing to a HP8150 the printer ignores the screen
settings. So I have to resort to printing all ArtWorks files from within
an OPro document whenever I need specific halftone rulings.

--
Gavin Crawford
email: gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx