Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:01:57 +0100

In message <18a499a34e.E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Elaine Jones <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quoting from message <4ea379e348Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  posted on 11 Jan 2007 by Richard Underwood
>  I would like to add:
>

>> Many other drawing programmes have built in libraries to store such
>> frequently used 'clips', sadly Artworks does not have such a library
>> system (I forgot to mention that on my wish list!).
>
> Yes, a library system would be much appreciated.

We already have excellent library system facilities using existing
RISC OS components.

I use !Thump to keep track of my clipart and photo collections. If you
havent tried it I recommend setting the two quick directories to point
to your top level photos and clip directories. Thump also tracks the
last 50 images it has seen so is good for recalling frequently used
items.

But it would be nice if we could drag and drop artworks files into an
open ArtWorks window instead of AW opening a new window.

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk