Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:57:21 +0000

One of the most common tasks I have to perform with vector drawing applications is placing lots of individual text labels on diagrams and maps, each typically a single word or, occasionally, two words on separate lines. Powerful though they are, Text areas in Artworks are not ideal for this purpose --- quite cumbersome in fact (create the text area, type in the text, resize the text area). Using the standard text tool is much easier; however, text entered that way cannot be edited --- you can't mix normal and italic, superscript, etc.

So, high on my wish list would be an enhancement to the Text Tool to allow basic editing of the text, including linefeeds.
--
C.B.