Re: [artworks] Can I make Nudge Size any smaller?

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:03:58 +0100

In message of 1 Jul, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <a65ffcb74f.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message of 1 Jul, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I must be missing something. What happens when you simply set the
> >> nudge size to 0.1mm? [iconbar "Choices...", then "ArtWorks"]
>
> > Thanks!  It's easy when you know how.  All the other units on that page
> > had separately chooseable dimensions which I had been kicking all over,
> > never realising that this was a text-defined unit.
>
> Just for clarification: The controls you are referring to are just
> there to choose units as such, nothing else. They allow you to set the
> default units used for displaying values and for entering values if
> you do not enter any unit. The nudge size field is for setting a
> *size* so it is something entirely different. All the fields that set
> a size in ArtWorks take measurements in any of the supported units.

Thanks for explaining that.

I have been setting up the nudge for 0.1 mm and this does exactly what I
wanted.  However on my machine the Choices screen to Art Works 2 choices
has some slightly odd behaviour if I want to alter this setting:

First, when saved, it changes from 0.1 mm to 0.01 cm.  No problem with
that.

Second when I use the arrows to change the setting, to goes up to 0.11
cm, 0.21 cm etc.  I would have expected it to go up to 0.02 cm, 0.03 cm,
etc.  Is this something wrong with my machine?

Third, if I change the setting down it goes to 0 cm and then up takes it
to 0.1 cm and not back to 0.01 cm.  Again this looks a bit odd here on
my machine (Iyonix 5.13).

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/