[artworks] Can I stop Uniting leaving bits behind?

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:40:22 +0100

More of my slow progress in learning Art Works.  I have been delighted
to find that there is a method of combining objects to form a single
shape, as in the Examples for Intersect, No 5.

However I have found that this can leave some small bits behind in the
final separation of the joined object from the intersect.  I have made
an ArtWorks page showing the steps I took to unite the objects and put
it here:

  <http://www.tim.ukpub.net/riscos/Uniting_shapes.zip>

Close examination will show two prongs (for want of a better word)
poking up from the separated bit and missing from the united object.  I
would like the prongs to be on the United object.  Can anyone advise how
this can be done?

If I have the fleur-de-lys the other way up, there is no problem.

And in case anyone should wonder, this is to achieve a line of partition
in heraldry called 'flory-counterflory'.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/