[aros-games] Re: AssaultCube Release Candidate

  • From: Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:08:50 +0200

W dniu 22.06.2011 23:42, Paolo Besser pisze:
I've finally got home and found some time for testing. AssaultCube is
really amazing, however on my PCI Express 512 MB GeForce 7800 card,
shadows were broken. It is like they are warped from a point of the
terrain near their parent object, to all the external boundaries of the
object itself (being it a bonus, a powerup or a character moving on the
map). I moved to advanced video settings but dynamic shadows were
already set to blob. I guess AC tried to set this setting automatically,
but for some reason it kept stencil ones in the game, until I
deactivated the shadows and activated them back again to Blob.

Yup, same problem here. I noted this down in README - I do hope people will read...

Framerate is fine: from 60 to 140 fps at 1280x1024, insane detail and 2x
antialiasing.

I think anti-aliasing is not working - this seems to need an OS specific code - at least that is what I saw in EL. If you however do see a difference with and without AA, please let me know!

Best regards,
Krzysztof