[aros-games] Re: AssaultCube Release Candidate

  • From: Paolo Besser <paolo.besser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:42:10 +0200

I've finally got home and found some time for testing. AssaultCube is really
amazing, however on my PCI Express 512 MB GeForce 7800 card, shadows were
broken. It is like they are warped from a point of the terrain near their
parent object, to all the external boundaries of the object itself (being it
a bonus, a powerup or a character moving on the map). I moved to advanced
video settings but dynamic shadows were already set to blob. I guess AC
tried to set this setting automatically, but for some reason it kept stencil
ones in the game, until I deactivated the shadows and activated them back
again to Blob.

Framerate is fine: from 60 to 140 fps at 1280x1024, insane detail and 2x
antialiasing.

2011/6/21 Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>

> The final test has two tasks:
>
> a) check if the download archive is in quality state:
>  - is readme file ok (and understood by regular user)

ok

>  - does the game start out of the box

ok

>  - does changing settings and setting them work

ok

>  - everything else you might come up with as a regular user

see upside.

> b) are there no regression introduced in this rc build
>  - just play a map or two as you would regularly play

done, but since I couldn't test the former releases, I can't help here.

p.bes