[AR] Re: arocket pump

  • From: Paul Mueller <paul.mueller.iii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:02:28 -0600

The Electron launch vehicle by Rocket Lab will have engines with electric
turbopumps (the Rutherford engine:
http://www.rocketlabusa.com/about-us/propulsion/rutherford/). It uses
brushless DC motors driven by Lithium Polymer batteries.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Troy Prideaux <GEORDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If you’re right, then it sounds to me like it’s something definitely worth
considering. I could imagine the issue of leakage and clearance tolerances
can be significantly minimised possibly eliminating the requirement of
fancy seals and impeller efficiency improvements can be improved with less
effort and costs.

Troy