[AR] Ultrasonic fluid level monitoring

  • From: "Henrik Schultz" <henrik@xxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:56:35 +0000

I have to reiterate my suggestion for using ultrasonic detection. Link to common detector board:

http://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-HC-SR04-Ranging-Detector-Distance/dp/B004U8TOE6

ranging distance : 2cm~500 cm
resolution : 0.3 cm

which should cover just about any tank size used by folks on this list in a foreseeable future.

Now you just have to make it work in a cryo/pressurized environment. Make the two transducers sense through holes in the bulkhead, and let the rest of the PCB sit outside (or in a cage at same pressure). For $10 how much is there to lose to see if it works?

/H