[AR] Re: radar fluid level monitoring

  • From: Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:44:10 +0200

Am 16.09.2015 um 10:28 schrieb John Dom:

Uwe Klein wrote on 15 september 2015

a twin set of microwave doppler radar thingies repurposed from pissoir
flushing activators ( you retreat and flushing advances ) arranged in a 45°
forward and 45° backward looking setup to remove attitude influences.

That was ~30 years ago.

The sensors where (afair) Panasonic microwave pissoir flushing activators.
Taken apart to get at the doppler signal and arranged pairwise
looking 45° forward and back down onto the road. ( $ forward - $backward = true forward speed )
New to me. Since you know, you have a catalog or website about such radar
sensors, so I don't have to Google on this? Preferably with a digital fluid
level output?

today probably two of these would work ( IANAL or the TEC equiv ):
http://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Microwave-10-525GHz-Doppler-Detector/dp/B00FFW4AZ4

Could their microwave radiation detonate N2O vapor inside its pressurized
tank?
1mW ERP or thereabouts ?

But it is _Doppler_ as in SPEED detection ;-)
A Level sensor would not be a proper application for these.

Maybe if the level change is fast enough to give a useful doppler signal? Long thin tank? could work ;-)

uwe