[AR] Re: Tin whiskers

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We have been regulating ourselves back to the stone age well before the Kyoto Accord but that was notice of things to come. And while Europe and most "Western" countries slowly strangle themselves with regulations, most Asian countries will go merrily down the path doing what they please.

Actually, most Asian countries are headed the same way we are, although at varying paces. China in particular is becoming very concerned about how much its runaway air and water pollution is starting to *cost* it. They are starting to make the same sorts of rules, although their enforcement processes need work.

An occasional blunder doesn't invalidate the whole idea, although it may suggest that people are being over-enthusiastic.