Re: [ARMini-support] !Jcut

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:30:08 +0100

In message <51f6edc4a9chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <9e75dcf251.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If anyone feels like having a go in the meantime, it'd be really
>> appreciated.  You'll find source by googling "jpeg source".

> First the good news: After fighting with GCC4 for several hours (i've
> never used it before) I have managed to compile the jpeg tools from
> the IJGroup - the one we are particularly interested in is jpegtran.
> On the ARMini I have used it with alignment exceptions on from the
> command line and it seems to perform fine - doing rotations,
> mirroring etc.

> Now the bad news: Using it in JClean or JCut, it errors with the
> error message 'only one input file'. I am not sure at the moment what
> the problem is. There are two versions of the jpeg software available
> on the site, v6 and v8, both of which postdate the version ported in
> 2002. I am wondering whether the syntax has subtly changed, and it is
> catching JCut/JClean out, or, of course, there may be something I
> have screwed up in the compilation.

> Although JCut/JClean are in BASIC they are squashed or crunched or
> something, so it is not very clear what they are doing - it will need
> more effort to sort out.

> Before I spend more time on this, has anyone else managed to get a
> working version?

Firstly, thankyou for looking into this - AFAIK this is the first bit
of progress beyond the "turn off alignment exceptions" tip.

I assume you're using versions of the BASIC apps linked from
timil.com?  I *think* I looked at the code and saw it legible, but I
could be mistaken.

The easiest way to check things is to try old/new versions at the
command line and see what the command help gives.  Then try using a
source jpeg and see what happens with both at the command prompt.

The other possibility is whether it is being foxed by the old / .
issues we have with filenames.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS