Re: [ARMini-support] Jcut

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:22:37 +0100

Martin Bazley wrote:
> Chris Bell (Lists):

> A binary is what you get after having compiled the source code.  So
> no, you don't need to compile it again.  And yes, you can use it as
> is, this being the very purpose of a binary.

Thanks.

> > Versions:  !Jcut 3.01 (Sun 06th October 2002)
> >            jpegtran 104k 15:40:58 31 Jan 2013

> Hmm, that's odd.  On closer inspection, I discovered that I was, in
> fact, using a version of jpegtran from 22 Dec 2011.  I have no idea
> where I got it from.

> Anyway, I think I've managed to work out the problem.

[Snip]

> To fix this, you can open the Jcut !RunImage (which is uncompressed
> BASIC, positively inviting you to edit it).  Search and replace the
> string "-c" with "-copy" - this should score 8 hits, and no more or
> less.  Then save (take a backup if you're paranoid).

Yes, that worked!  Great!  Many, many thanks for working it out so
quickly, Martin.

It's a pity others can't download a working version of Jcut from
somewhere.  Do you think the original author would mind one of us
hosting the corrected version if, as I've read, he's left us for deeper
waters?

Chris.