[argyllcms] Re: problem with dispcal : Error - Configuring USB port (OS X)

  • From: Rishi Sanyal <rishi.j.sanyal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:33:50 -0800

I recently also got a ColorMunki & ran into this problem. I fixed the
problem by 'manually' uninstalling the ColorMunki software. It's not
enough to just deactivate the Photo tray program. Even after you do
that, 'colormunkid' & 'Color Munki Device Service' keep running. You
have to go to /Library/Frameworks & remove the XRite components, then
go to /Library/Application Support & remove all the ColorMunki &
X-Rite stuff (I did this with 'sudo rm -r' in Terminal). Then, after
restarting my computer, dispcalGUI was able to use my Munki device via
Argyll.

I also contacted ColorMunki tech support & they sent me two
uninstallers so you don't have to manually go in & mess with deleting
stuff. I can post those on my web server & send a link to them if
anyone would like.

Thank you to the developers of Argyll & dispcalGUI. Looks like
powerful stuff & I have lots of questions but I'm trying to go through
the documentation & learn stuff before I start heckling people with
questions!

Cheers,
Rishi