[argyllcms] Re: problem with dispcal : Error - Configuring USB port (OS X)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:00:39 +1100

Rishi Sanyal wrote:
But there are more tools that dispcalGUI uses, correct? Should I copy
these binaries to the Argyll folder that dispcalGUI uses?

I don't think it would be prudent to assume that they are just going
to work, and even if they do, there is still the root permissions problem.

They should be tested as I recommended, from the command line, starting
with "sudo spotread", and then modifying the .plist file, testing
with "spotread", and then perhaps backing up the existing tools
before copying the new ones over the top...