[argyllcms] Re: problem with dispcal : Error - Configuring USB port (OS X)

  • From: Terry Ritz <t.ritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:54:37 -0600

On 11-01-22 7:36 PM, "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Grzegorz Wróbel [felix] wrote:
>> icoms: About to open USB port 'usb:/bus93/dev2/ (GretagMacbeth i1 Pro)'
>> dispcal: Error - Configuring USB port 'usb:/bus93/dev2/ (GretagMacbeth i1
>> Pro)' to 1 failed with -4 (No such device (it may have been disconnected))

<snip>

> My only thought is that the "other profiling software" is leaving
> something running, that is preventing the instrument from being opened ?
> (There is a problem like that with the ColorMunki that my driver has
>   to work around.). One (laborious) way of determining whether this
> is the case would be to uninstall the "other profiling software".

I'm getting the same kind of error with my ColorMunki on OS X 10.6.6 using
ArgyllCMS V1.3.2  . . . .

chartread: Error - Configuring USB port 'usb:/bus29/dev4/ (X-Rite
ColorMunki)' to 1 failed with -4 (No such device (it may have been
disconnected))

You mention driver work around for the ColorMunki. Is there something I need
to do on my system to take advantage of this, or do I perhaps have another
issue? I notice that an applet is running in the toolbar at the top of the
screen, ColorMunki Photo Tray 1.1.0.

Terry.