[argyllcms] Re: printtarg feature request: scale gauge

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:43:41 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

Well, I print my targets using F-Spot, which just prints the raster
image, full bleed on the page. So I want my patches nicely centered.

OK, I'll add an option to printtarg (-M) in the next release to
create a TIFF with the margin included. I think this is slightly
unusual because a lot of devices can't print full bleed.
(Typically if I try to print a raster the same size as the
paper in Photoshop for instance, it issues warnings that
it is too big to fit).

I do wonder, how many printing applications actually honor these tags...

Probably very few, but I thought I'd do the right thing :-)

[src update is http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip]