[argyllcms] Re: printtarg feature request: scale gauge

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 06:57:01 +0100

As a consultant, I can confirm that rescaled charts are one of the
typical user errors one gets when having a client print a target.
Typically what you want to do is generate a standard target and then
overlay an annotation template and alignment marks in Photoshop,
redimension the whole thing to something like 360 dpi so that a
printer driver like CUPS doesn't apply some weird sharpening or
antialiasing routines to it, and resave the whole thing as a
compressed TIFF which you use forever.

It might make sense to provide some standard letter and A4 sized
templates of inkjet charts as above for the most used instrument(s).

Edmund