[argyllcms] Re: printtarg feature request: scale gauge

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:56:25 +0100

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> argyll-targen -v -d 2 -G -g 20 -f 210 argyll-printtarg-case
>> printtarg -v -i CM -h -t 150 -m 0 -p A4 argyll-printtarg-case
>
> Hi, it is working as intended (although that may not be useful
> to you - you'd have to explain though what problem this causes.)

Well, I print my targets using F-Spot, which just prints the raster
image, full bleed on the page. So I want my patches nicely centered.

For now I'm just postprocessing the printtarg output with
ImageMagick's convert...

> The margin is not in the TIFF raster itself, so of course
> the patches are always against the edge of the TIFF image.
> (I guess it would be nicer to apportion any left over space
> evenly around the target rather than leaving it at the trailing
> edges, but that's just a nicety.)

Indeed. I'd highly prefer this...

> But the TIFF image is smaller by the margin, so if centered
> on a page of the size it was created for, the margin will
> be there. I also set the TIFFTAG_XPOSITION and TIFFTAG_YPOSITION
> tags to allow for the margin, so some applications may use this
> to place the raster appropriately.

I do wonder, how many printing applications actually honor these tags...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn