[argyllcms] Re: dispread fails with ubuntu packed argyllcms with i1pro

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:50:43 +1100

Frederic Crozat wrote:
2010/1/13 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Right, and I think I offered to try and fix it if someone
could tell me what went wrong, but nobody could be bothered.

Well, I wish I could have helped, unfortunately, USB protocol (and
libusb) is way too low level for me :(

Right, but that's just how it is in the software world, people are
in a position to fix their stuff because 1) they can, they have
the problem right in front of them and 2) they are motivated.

Fixing other people stuff by remote control is hard, and there
are other things to do.

So the pragmatic thing to do, especially since libusb 0.1 isn't
being maintained, is to ship Argyll's private, patched copy
of libusb with Argyll, just like I've always been saying....