[argyllcms] dispcalGUI 0.3.0.6 (RC)

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:21:04 +0100

Hi everyone,

a new version of dispcalGUI is available (not "officially" on my website yet, download links below). It's mostly a maintenance release, with the following most notable changes and fixes:

* Support for Argyll 1.1.0 adaptive emissive display measurement mode
  with the i1 Pro. Highres measurement mode is also no longer implicit,
  but user-selectable.

* All of Argyll's profile types are now available (Lab/XYZ LUT,
  Shaper+Matrix, Gamma+Matrix etc). XYZ LUT + R <-> G swapped matrix is
  now the default for "Photo" and "Prepress" presets.

* The LUT viewer can optionally show the actual LUT curves from the
  video card (thanks to dispwin's -s option introduced in Argyll
  1.1.0), and matrix profile's rTRC/gTRC/bTRC curves.

* You can now check for updates and access the ReadMe, license, bug
  tracker and support forum through the 'Help'/'?' menu.

* Linux: In multi-display setups using separate X screens, it should no
  longer be necessary to launch dispcalGUI on the display you want to
  measure (previously, you had to run `DISPLAY=:0.x dispcalGUI`, with x
  being the zero-based index of the display).

* Linux: Selection of display used for video LUT access should now work
  correctly in setups where LUT access is not available for some
  displays.

* Linux/Mac OS X: When installing a profile in local system scope,
  the password was not accepted (I'd appreciate feedback on this as I
  can only test under Ubuntu 9.10 and Mac OS X 10.4.11 atm).

Detailed changelog is in the ReadMe, available here:
http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net/README-0.3.0.6.html

Download links:

Linux    http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net/dispcalGUI-0.3.0.6.package
         (autopackage, see ReadMe if you need installation instructions)
Mac OS X http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net/dispcalGUI-0.3.0.6.dmg
Windows  http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net/dispcalGUI-0.3.0.6-Setup.exe
Source   http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net/dispcalGUI-0.3.0.6.tar.gz

- Florian Höch