[argyllcms] Re: Yet another cry for help with my printer profile.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:57:01 -0500

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 20:36 +0100, edmund ronald wrote:
> display and printer both need to be calibratef.
>
> calibrate the display,

My display was calibrated/profiled before i began.

I've read about calibrating the printer, but the recommendation is that
I not do that until quite a bit later.  Also, I'm not sure it is
necessary with my printer.

> download the Pixl test image

I've had troubling finding it.  I did find
www.ekdahl.org/kurs/SpyderColorvision/pixl_testimage.htm
I looked at it in gimp, but it turns out it has an embedded profile
Adobe RGB.  I had gimp convert it to my gimp SRGB working profile.

> check the display

It looks fine.

> adjust gutenprint density, then make a printer profile

I already did this, not with the above Pixl, but with one of my typical
images.

> print test image, report back here

That is basically where I am now.

What do I do next?