[argyllcms] Re: Yet another cry for help with my printer profile.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:12:57 +1100

Magnus Berg wrote:
To you who not has Photoshop.
I was little interested in the notes and found them here I suppose.
http://www.outbackprint.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Interesting, but it is the native behaviour that is being evaluated
and if a device is being profiled, there is no need to worry very much
about how neutral the CMY is, or what the exact color of the pretty
pictures are, since the profile will take care of it.

[ Such concerns arise in the printing industry when the aim is to
get a press performing to the profile already used to separate
the job.]

Once the device is profiled, you can link it with some standard source
colorspace and then use pretty picture evaluations that are in
that source space.