[argyllcms] Re: XYZ LUT profile unable to be installed on Windows XP or used with Firefox 3.5

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:38:11 +1100

Alexander wrote:
Hmm, I guess it is just Profile Maker 5 that creates ICC v2.4.0 Matrix
profiles with A2B and B2A tables. Any idea why they would do that?
Here is an example: http://www.mediafire.com/?e3nn113ohmw

If it's got A2B and B2A tables, then it's not a matrix profile !

It sounds like it's a combined profile with both cLUT and matrix
tages, which is what we were talking about before.

[ I have seen profiles that have both a matrix and L*a*b* cLUTs, but
although they may work with some software, they technically aren't
complient with the ICC spec., since the PCS label of L*a*b* is
inconsistent with the matrix. ]