[argyllcms] Re: XYZ LUT profile unable to be installed on Windows XP or used with Firefox 3.5

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:57:24 +1100

Alexander wrote:
Now that I realize what the problem is, any chance of adding an option
to include those Matrix profile tags to fall back on like other
programs do?

Possibly. I'll have to take a look at how difficult that is.

As a somewhat related question, is there any reason why Argyll refuses
to make an ICC 2.4.0 Matrix profile (with A2B & B2A tables) like you
can with LUT profiles?

I'm not sure what you mean. By definition A2B and B2A tables are cLUT
profiles, not matrix profiles. There can be only one "matrix profile"
matrix, and it is always colorimetric intent, and is easily
invertible to provide the PCS -> device conversion.