[argyllcms] Re: Windows 8 Colormunki driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:35:36 +1100

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> Advanced Startup Options (Metro UI sidebar [top left corner] / Settings /
> Change PC Settings / General [scroll down])
> Disable driver signing enforcement
>
> or
>
> Start cmd.exe with full Administrator rights
> bcdedit.exe /set testsigning on
> reboot

It seems that testsigning only works for the developer/preview releases
of Win 8, and not for the final release, just like Vista & Win 7.

So the only reliable way of installing the USB drivers is to reboot in
"Disable driver signing enforcement" mode. Once the driver is installed,
it will work fine without being in this mode.
[The libusb0.sys is signed, but the Disable driver signing enforcement" mode is
 needed for Win 8 to install the unsigned .inf file.]

I'm unifying the .inf file for the next ArgyllCMS release, so the
"Disable driver signing enforcement" mode will only be needed once,
and not for each different instrument type. In fact after installing
the first instrument, subsequent instruments will work straight away.